First rainy night
This is, believe it or not, the first rainy night in recent memory. Quite a few anomalies. More doors and lights than usual--busy day with lots of people visiting the church. Campers on both the Harvard and Seneca upper entryways. It sucked to ask them to move on, into the rain. At least, one took the R.O.A.R. guide booklet I offered him, and both did move.
The most troubling thing is that the blower for our Sanctuary pipe organ is on, blowing away with lots of rattly machinery. Normally, it's only on (afaik) while someone is actually playing the organ. If bad things happen to it when left on for (probably) 12 straight hours, they'll happen just before the organ is scheduled for use in Sunday's worship. I called the only known our-church organist for whom I have a non-office number, and left voicemail. If he can call me back tonight, he can guide me through the shut-down process. Probably, it's just knowing which switch is where. I don't want to go rooting around in the organ console tonight, and risk messing up some delicate setting in an effort to switch the thing off--pipe organs are finicky.
Undoubtedly, whatever happens is what will turn out.
Peace, I hope.

No comments:
Post a Comment