After big events
There was a large author reading/book signing, split between the Sanctuary and Fridell Lounge. This ran simultaneously with the League of Women Voters, and a Women's Chorus rehearsal. Lots of door and hall logistics, especially moving people between Sanctuary and Fridell without disturbing/disrupting the meeting in Fellowship Hall.
We'll see what the aftermath is...
Meanwhile, continuing the story of the "night journey":
Arriving on the second level, I check restroom lights in the women's room., then check the elevator lounge, the choir room, and the hallways for excess lights, and verify that the choir room is locked. I then run down the hall toward the alley doors, checking classroom lights and locks (plus music library and Community Room) along the way. After verifying that the double doors are locked (unless I remember that I checked them from the other side on my way up to the Gym), I head back toward Harvard Street, and turn right, checking the Choir Robe Room and nearby storage room doors, the men's room light, and the choir room back door. I then cross into the Minor Hospital building, and the child care complex.
To be continued. Now, on to tonight's security run...

1 comment:
Lots of lights left on, but no people appear left in the building.
In the Child Care Center, the child barrier gate across the stairs that lead up to the E–300 level appears to have been damaged. Part of the top anchor, by which the spring-operated latch attaches to the wall, has been pulled out of the wall, as if a strong person who didn't understand to squeeze open the latch tried to force the gate open. The latch is still functional, but will likely need re-anchoring.
I encountered a young man, just pulling up to the Harvard upper entrance platform with his bedroll as I went to check that door. He was a bit un-accepting of my "sorry, but you can't sleep here." He asked "why not?" My best answer was that:
We don't have facilities for camping.
It's my job to tell you that you can't sleep here.
If you try to sleep here anyway, I'll call 9-1-1, and we'll have that whole process to go through.
He wasn't happy, but appeared to go.
Tonight was the second night in a row of un-latched office windows, this time in a different office. My guess is that this problem will fix itself when the weather cools off.
Peace
Post a Comment