Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Monday again


Day included my turn at observing the cash counting for the stewardship offering.

I folded newsletters again. The machine did the first fold (of two) perfectly, with very little vexatiousness. After I neatly folded all near-700 newsletters, I prepared to do the second fold, and discovered that I'd placed the postal address section of the newsletter inside the folded sheet, instead of outside. Knowing that the folding machine is fussy, I feared the worst. I unfolded a test copy, and ran it through the folding machine again, this time with the proper side facing up. It folded beautifully. The crease in the opposite direction seemed to only encourage it, with a nice, flat-lying result. So, I unfolded all near-700 of my newsletters, and re-folded them beautifully... ...for the first fold (of two). For the second fold, the machine became vexatious. Sorely vexed, I had to fuss my way through the second fold, in small batches, with frequent re-adjustments, and occasional re-folding. In the end, they got done.

Night security run was peaceful. A couple of lights, a door or two. There was a gentleman camping on the upper Seneca entry. He left without incident. He didn't want the ROAR resource list I offered to get him. He did want a blanket. I don't have any blankets, but wonder if I should get a small supply. On the one hand, it might have offered him some comfort, wherever he ended up sleeping. On the other hand, I'd have been simultaneously saying "you can't camp here" and giving out camping equipment. I'll think about this, and get some advice.

Peace.

No comments: